combeferre, courf, enjolras, & r sketches from the past couple of days. most of my amis designs are drawn shamelessly from cy-lindric's work.
- courfeyrac teaching marius how to do laundry because “seriously, you’re eighteen and you’ve never used a washing machine before?”
- teeny tiny 4’11” cosette who wears heels all the time because they make her feel powerful
- eponine and jehan hanging out and modding clothes together (with very different results)
- enjolras stubbing his toe and pouting for an hour about it
- combeferre topping out of bed at 8 AM shouting “i’M LATE” because he’d been accidentally ended up staying up until 3 AM researching starfish on wikipedia
- courfeyrac having a bad day and joly putting on his favorite ‘sunshine playlist’ after a meeting and throwing an impromptu dance party in order to cheer him up
- bossuet and musichetta planning a surprise birthday party for joly and crowning him ‘the supreme birthday king’
- feuilly and grantaire having “art adventures” when they both have days off and they just go to local art museums and talk about art and their favorite mediums
- grumpy bahorel being dragged into his law lectures by courfeyrac because “you were the one who got yourself into this mess, and i’m not gonna let you throw that away. think of what feuilly would say if you were throwing away this opportunity?” and bahorel just scowling at him
Oh my god youre straight? I had no idea. You seem normal to me. Did you know that Sara is straight to? You two should totally hook up. I cant believe youre straight. You could be my straight best friend. We could go to football games together. Itll be so much fun. So like how long have you been straight? Youre whole life!? No way.
Courfeyrac continually finding new ways to force Grantaire to take his shirt off because Enjolras starts stuttering and gets really flustered because Grantaire has sO MANY TATTOOS COURF DOesn’t he have ANYTHING BETTEr to use his money on than booze and tattoos OH HE DOES THEM HIMSELF THAT DOES NOTHING TO ME NOTHING HAHAHAHAHA SHUT UP I’m not blushing you’RE BLUSHING
I feel weirdly threatened when people have the same favorite things as me it’s probably my acute narcissism and obsession with expressing my entity
i hate it when my “friends” just dismiss something i’m really passionate about like “oh you’re talking about that again” like shut up don’t ruin this for me do you know how many times i’ve pretended to care or even genuinely tried to get interested in what you like????? the least you could do is fake it rather than making me feel like a burden
Adam Kaplan’s post on twitter
I just saw Adam’s post on twitter and it made me cry….
Adam: Indulge me for a second… A little over a year and a half ago when making my Broadway debut (February 19, 2013 to be exact) I turned to Jacob Guzman as the overture of Newsies began and said with excitement, fear, and pure joy: “…this is happening.” For 8 shows a week for the last 18 months he, Eduardo Castro, and I have been saying that phrase to each other as the downbeat of the overture begins. It’s become not only a silly tradition, but a reminder of how lucky we have been to have had this experience and to feel the nightly rush of having your dream come true.
Newsies changed my life. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to fall so madly in love with a group of people, nor with such a well crafted piece of theatre. To be a part of this community is a dream in itself, but to have made my debut alongside this family is all the icing on every Shmackeries cookie ever. Thank you all for sharing in my excitement and my joy throughout this process. Thank you for giving me enough memories to last a lifetime.
Today will be a tough day. But, it will also celebrate the culmination of hard work, endless amounts of heart, and a damn good piece of theatre.
Jack Feldman said it perfectly in one of my favorite parts of the show:
"Don’t take much to be a dreamer,
All you do is close your eyes
But some made-up world is all you ever see
Now my eyes is finally open
And my dreams, they’s average-size
But they don’t much matter if you ain’t with me.”
Good things come and go, but it’s the people you share them with that makes each moment all the more special. “Newsies forever, second to none.” I love you all.
AND THAT IS HOW YOU USE AN EFFECTS PEDAL
I was gaping the entire song this is insane
If I had a dollar for every time a musician made me feel like I’ve done nothing with my life, I’d be filthy, FILTHY rich.
Wow. Wooooooooooooooooooooooow. BLESS.
A girl at my old school did the same thing as this and holy shit I was in love with her all up through senior year
"you remind me of this les amis member" is the highest compliment I can offer to a person
"But I’ll keep on smiling, from the times I had with them."